The Children’s Cottage Society employs over 150 staff who are dedicated to fulfilling the agency’s vision of Safe Children in Healthy Families. We are passionate about making positive changes in the lives of families and their children in our community.
SENIOR MANAGER - HOME VISITATION PROGRAMS
The purpose of this full time senior management role is to provide leadership to Supervisors and staff of the Children’s Cottage Home Visitation Programs including the Healthy Families Programs, the In-Home Infant Respite Program, the Child Care Respite Program, the Volunteer Daycare Program and the Crisis Nursery Family Coaching Program in order to support and facilitate the work of the Children’s Cottage Society in reaching its vision and mission.
- Oversee the development, implementation, evaluation, and maintaining of standards for the Society’s Home Visitation Programs, including the Healthy Families Programs, the In-Home Infant Respite Program, the Child Care Respite Program, the Volunteer Daycare Program and the Crisis Nursery Family Coaching Program;
- Work in close collaboration with the Director of Programs and Senior Managers;
- Act as back up for the Director of Programs during absences;
- Act as a signing authority for the Society;
- Actively participate in the Children’s Cottage strategic planning processes, including relevant program budget development and management;
- Support Supervisors of relevant programs to operate under a balanced budget.
- Effectively lead, coach, develop and delegate to a team of program Supervisors;
- Manage critical timelines, deliverables and deadlines and assist Supervisors with setting priorities and developing action plans;
- Identify opportunities for program growth and new initiatives
- Analyse outcomes and evaluate programs; provide reports as needed to the Director of Programs, and CEO for use with funders, donors, and needed reports.
- Assist with revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing programs and the growth of Children’s Cottage Society through public speaking, report writing, and attending events as necessary.
- Participate as an active member of the Society’s Leadership Team and Management Team.
- Participate in community committees that support the Society’s leadership direction or is advantageous to the Society.
- When called upon, act as a spokesperson for the Children’s Cottage.
- Inform and advise and assist the Director of Programs relative to revisions or additions to policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all programs and staff maintain best practice and a high quality of service, and are fully compliant with accreditation standards where applicable. Actively participate in program preparation for accreditation.
- Participate in a rotating Management on-call system to support all programs of the Children’s Cottage after hours and on week-ends.
- Acts as back-up for Supervisors when needed
- Other related duties as assigned by the Society.
A degree in the Human Services area, Health Care or a related field is required with a minimum of 5 years of experience related to:
- management of community based programs
- leadership of staff
- development of programs
- management and development of budgets
- experience utilizing and analyzing outcomes for continuous quality improvement.
- experience in report and grant writing
- experience in the coaching and supervision of employees
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong business acumen with a firm understanding of budgeting and financial sustainability;
- A proven track record in managing and administering a group of programs with a broad set of administrative responsibilities;
- A deep passion and understanding of the human services environment, with particular experience developing and implementing strategies and plans, writing proposals and reports and overseeing large initiatives;
- Experience in developing, implementing, and using practice program logic models, following an evaluation framework and an understanding of evidence based practice;
- Experience hiring and developing supervisor-level staff, coaching, evaluating performance, setting goals and measuring success;
- Must be able to work well with people with a very wide diversity of demographic and cultural characteristics;
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills:
- Must be capable of achieving results while maintaining an inclusive, collaborative leadership style.
This position is located in an office environment, with frequent travel throughout the city. Some evening and weekend work is required from time to time. Personal transportation is required. Competitive salary and benefits program commensurate with skills and experience.
Closing Date: March 3, 2016 at 4pm or until the position is successfully filled.
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity please email the cover letter and resume to: Lisa Garrisen, Director of Programs at the Children's Cottage Society of Calgary at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected to continue in the selection process will be contacted.
The Children’s Cottage Society believes that providing students with hands-on experience to support their in class learning is important. Students are given the opportunity for placement in the following programs:
We offer a variety of opportunities to students who are interested in developing their expertise and skills, and in being a part of making a positive change in the lives of families and their children in our community. Please send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you as soon as a practicum opportunity becomes available.