The Children’s Cottage Society employs over 150 staff who are dedicated to fulfilling the agency’s vision of Safe Children in Healthy Families. We are passionate about making positive changes in the lives of families and their children in our community.
PAYROLL & BENEFITS COORDINATOR (FULL-TIME POSITION)
Reporting to the Director of Finance with a dotted line report to the Human Resources Associate, the Payroll & Benefits Coordinator will be responsible for the timely and accurate processing of payroll and the administration of all benefits programs.
Hours of Work:
8:30am-4:30pm Monday to Friday
- Post-secondary education in Accounting or Business
- PCP certification (certification must be current)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in full cycle start to finish payroll processing
- Minimum 5 years of experience in benefits administration
- Understanding of Alberta Employment Standards
- Understanding of CRA payroll and benefits related guidelines
- Understanding of basic accounting principles
- Strong Microsoft Office experience
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy
- Highest degree of integrity, confidentiality and discretion
- Experience with Ceridian products and services including Powerpay and Dayforce.
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Payroll and benefits experience in a not-for profit organization
- Experience processing payroll for shift and on-call workers
- Accounting/bookkeeping experience
- Process hourly and salaried payroll (approximately 140 employees) according to set timelines
- Prepare and enter payroll journal entries into QuickBooks after each pay run
- Verify accuracy of payroll related transactions against Ceridian and QuickBooks
- Administer WCB account including reconcile and review quarterly payments and complete annual filings
- Attend United Way Benefits Plan Meetings and report back to HR Associate
- Provide support for internal and external audits
- Reconcile all general ledger accounts related to salaries and benefits
- Prepare, update and maintain employee files
- Maintain sick and vacation tracking spreadsheets and information in payroll software
- Prepare and provide management with monthly sick time and vacation records per department
- Prepare all salary and benefits related year end accruals
- Annual T4 review and reconciliation
- Utilizes all internal software and defined processes to ensure payroll compliance, optimal productivity and accuracy. Can make recommendations to streamline internal processing
- Assist the Director of Finance on an ad hoc basis
- Back-up for accounts payable
- Back up for Office Administrator including Raiser’s Edge support
- Administer the health and dental and benefits program
- Administer the group insurance/pension programs
- Act as a liaison between the employees and the benefits providers
- Reconcile and review group benefits on a monthly basis
- Assist in on-boarding and off-boarding processes
- Assist with Staff Appreciation activities
- Assist the Human Resources Associate with HR metrics.
- Provide offer letters with direction from the HR Associate.
- Work collaboratively with the HR Associate to develop and maintain HR policies and job descriptions
- Ensure that staff Access data base is up to date and train managers to enter ongoing data.
Attributes & Other Skills:
- Reliable and punctual
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Capacity to multi task and complete tasks and project work within assigned timelines
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage work tasks and follow up in a timely manner
- Ability to problem solve
- Aptitude to collaborate, take direction and both work independently and/or within a team.
The closing date of this competition is June 14, 2017 at 4:00pm.
The Children's Cottage Society offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Submit resumes along with cover letter via email to; Lauren McFarlane, Director of Finance, at email@example.com
We are grateful for your interest. Please be aware that only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
PART TIME VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR - BRENDA’S HOUSE
.8 FTE (32 hours per week)
Competition # VC051701
The Children's Cottage Society of Calgary provides crisis nursery, respite and family support programs for vulnerable children and their families. To achieve our vision of “Safe Children in Healthy Families,” we are looking for an experienced and professional Volunteer Coordinator to join our team at Brenda’s House.
PURPOSE: This position coordinate’s volunteers to support the delivery of programs and services at Brendas House.
EDUCATION: Diploma or Degree in a Human Services field. An equivalent combination of experience, education and training in Volunteer coordination will be considered.
- At least two years supervisory experience.
- Experience in the coordination of volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral / written communications skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Valid driver’s license and use of own vehicle.
- Experience working with families who are currently homeless is an asset
- Coordinates Volunteers in various areas within Brenda’s House.
- Oversees volunteers throughout the volunteer experience at Brenda’s House including recruitment, screening, supervision, evaluation, recognition.
- Works collaboratively with Brenda’s House Manager to plan for and meet program needs;
- Help develop volunteer programs to support children, youth and parents who are staying at the residence.
- Provide support to agency staff who are involved in program specific volunteer coordination.
- Coordinate ‘Days of Caring’ and other volunteer group initiatives taking place at Brenda’s House.
- Maintain volunteer data base and track statistics/outcomes related to volunteer activity at Brenda’s house and Crisis Nursery, and communicates data base and related information to Volunteer Manager.
- Helps to maintain agency volunteer information, manuals, and volunteer orientation content as it relates to Brenda’s House.
- Provide information/articles/pictures for newsletters, website and annual report.
- Develops, implements and monitors volunteer program materials and procedures to ensure program delivery; ensures compliance to agency and program standards and policies.
- Manages volunteer personnel matters in a manner compliant with the Canadian Code of Volunteer Ethics and Accreditation Guidelines.
- Helps the Volunteer Manager with stats, and coordination of volunteer recognition event and as needed.
- Participates in other program areas as requested by the Board, the CEO, or the Director of Programs.
Hours of Work: 5-8 hour shifts mainly with some early evenings, occasional weekends
Application Deadline: until successful candidate is recruited.
Please send a cover letter and resume quoting competition # VC051701 to Paula Bannerman, Manager, Volunteer Program: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the Children’s Cottage, please visit: www.childrenscottage.ab.ca
The Children’s Cottage Society believes that providing students with hands-on experience to support their in class learning is important. Students are given the opportunity for placement in the following programs:
We offer a variety of opportunities to students who are interested in developing their expertise and skills, and in being a part of making a positive change in the lives of families and their children in our community. Please send us your resume to email@example.com and we will contact you as soon as a practicum opportunity becomes available.