Call our 24/7 Crisis Line: 403-233-CARE (2273)
Since 1997 our Community Respite program has offered parents of children aged newborn to 12 years a range of short, temporary services.
CALL WHEN YOU ARE
- Feeling so stressed that parenting feels impossible.
- Overwhelmed by the challenges that twins, triplets or premature infants bring.
- Feeling too sick to care for your child.
- Feeling isolated, tired, sad and overwhelmed.
The reasons why parents reach out to us for help are many and varied. We encourage you to call when you are experiencing a concern to see how we may help you.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU CALL
In-Home Infant Respite Program:
- A Respite Worker will come to your home and care for your infant (under six months of age) while you rest and take time to care for yourself.
- Information and referrals to community resources.
Volunteer Daycare Program:
- Children's Cottage Society coordinates no-charge daytime child care at licensed, high-quality centres throughout Calgary on your behalf. Space is subject to availability and space, and is for single day-use only.
Child Care Respite Program:
- Coordinated short-term placements in quality child care settings are available to families in transition or at risk.
HOW CAN I ACCESS THESE SERVICES?
Call our 24/7 Crisis Line at 403.233.CARE (2273). One of our Family Support Workers will be happy to speak to you and guide you through the admission process.