Call our 24/7 Crisis Line: 403-233-CARE (2273)
Since 1997 the Community Respite program has been offering parents of children aged newborn to 12 years of age a range of short, temporary services to parents needing assistance.
CALL WHEN YOU ARE
- Feeling so stressed that parenting feels impossible.
- Overwhelmed by the challenges that twins, triplets or premature infants bring.
- Feeling too sick to care for your child.
- Feeling isolated, tired, sad and overwhelmed.
The reasons why parents reach out to us for help are many and varied. We encourage you to call when you are experiencing a concern to see how we may help you.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU CALL
In-home Infant Respite Program:
- A Respite Worker will come to your home and they will care for your infant (under six months of age) while you rest and take time to care for yourself.
- Information and referrals to community resources.
Volunteer Daycare Program:
- The Children's Cottage Society coordinates daytime child care at licensed, high quality centres throughout Calgary on your behalf at no charge. Space is offered based on availability. Single day-use only. This program is subject to availability and day care space.
Child Care Respite Program:
- Coordinated short term placements in quality child care settings is available to families in transition or at risk.
HOW CAN I ACCESS THESE SERVICES?
Call our 24/7 Crisis Line at 403.233.CARE (2273) and one of our Family Support Workers will be happy to speak to you and guide you through the admission process.