In celebration of National Volunteer Week, April 15-21, 2018, the Children's Cottage Society would like to thank the many volunteers that make the work of the Children's Cottage Society possible. In 2017, we welcomed more than 1,600 volunteers who generously gave more than 20,000 hours. Clearly, the Children’s Cottage Society could not prevent harm and neglect to children and build strong families without volunteers. A heartfelt thank you to all.
Volunteers play a vital role in the day to day operation of the Children’s Cottage Society. As a Volunteer you will work along side staff and other volunteers. Whether a one day group team building opportunity or an individual who wishes to provide a few meaningful hours, volunteers help support all of our programs in many different ways:
- At Brenda's House you will support families experiencing homelessness by helping with child care; leading activities and assisting with programs; and preparing meals.
- At the Crisis Nursery you will help to make a difference in a child's life while in our care. Duties may include child care; leading activities during playtime; helping with office administration; sorting donations; cleaning toys or baking treats and nutritious meals.
- The In Home Infant Respite Program is designed to assist parents of newborn infants to six months. Volunteers, supported by staff will make a home visits to provide much needed respite for the parents.
How Can I Help?
There are many different volunteer roles within the Children’s Cottage Society. Some of the ways in which you can help include:
- Child care
- Activity leader
- Baker or kitchen assistant
- In-home infant respite
- Office administrative support
- Fundraising and special event committees
- Group activities that are done in a day
For more detail please check out our Volunteer Role Descriptions
Current Volunteer Opportunities
From time to time we have specific volunteer requirements. Click here to see current volunteer opportunities.
To learn more about what to expect check out this Link to fast FAQ's
How Can I Become a Volunteer?
To become a CCS volunteer you will need to complete and submit an online Volunteer Application.
*Please Note: This link will take you to a secure external website called Volgistics, all of your information is secured and only shared with the Children’s Cottage Society.
You will receive an automated response and later you will be contacted to arrange for you to attend a mandatory information session. Sessions take place approximately every six weeks. For further questions about the Volunteer Program at the Children’s Cottage, please contact: