Volunteers play a vital role in the day to day operation of Children’s Cottage Society. In 2019, Children's Cottage Society welcomed more than 1,900 volunteers who generously gave more than 20,000 hours. Clearly, the Children’s Cottage Society could not prevent harm and neglect to children and build strong families without volunteers.
As a volunteer you will work along side staff and other volunteers. Whether a one-day group team building opportunity or an individual who wishes to provide a few meaningful hours, volunteers help support all of our programs in many different ways:
- At Brenda's House you will support families experiencing homelessness by helping with child care, leading activities, assisting with programs, or preparing meals.
- At the Crisis Nursery you will help to make a difference in a child's life. Duties may include child care, leading activities during playtime, helping with office administration, sorting donations, cleaning toys, baking treats, or preparing nutritious meals.
- The In-Home Infant Respite Program is designed to assist parents of newborn infants to six months. Volunteers, supported by staff, will make a home visits to provide much needed respite for parents.
How Can I Help?
There are many different volunteer roles within Children’s Cottage Society. Some of the ways in which you can help include:
- Child care
- Activity leader
- Baker or kitchen assistant
- In-home infant respite
- Office administrative support
- Fundraising and special event committees
- One-day group activities
For more detail please check out our Volunteer Role Descriptions
If you're interested in a practicum placement, please see our Careers page.
To learn more about what to expect check out this Link to fast FAQ's
How Can I Become a Volunteer?
Paula Bannerman - Manager, Volunteer Programs
P: (403) 233 - 2680 Ext 109 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org