Early Years Family Support
We offer this in-home support service to new parents and their families in Calgary. A Family Life Coach will work collaboratively with you so that you can obtain guidance to promote positive childhood outcomes, healthy child development and effective parenting skills. You'll also develop goals that focus on addressing safety and wellbeing in the home and work on making community connections.
Please note families must be referred through Children's Services Alberta Vulnerable Infant Response Team.
A number of educational supports will be given to you and your family as part of the Early Years Family Support Program. You will participate in the Nurturing Parenting home-based program that focuses on positive parenting practices and healthy relationships. Your Family Life Coach will also complete Ages and Stages Questionnaires (ASQs) with you.
Ages and Stages Questionnaires
- Developmental and social emotional screening for your child ages newborn to 6 years
- Help to better understand the milestones and progress of your child
- A fun interactive assessment with follow-up strategies and resources
- Parenting information and strategies
- Nurturing parenting skills
- Family roles and expectations of children
- Child physical and emotional development