Home Visitation Services
Children's Cottage Society follows all Alberta Health regulations to ensure children and families remain safe. When our Home Visitation workers provide services, all precautions are in place to ensure everyone is healthy and show no symptoms when interacting inside people's homes. Measures include personal protective equipment and pre-screening of themselves and all family members for COVID-19 as per AHS guidelines. Alternatively, workers can provide services by phone, email or through Zoom if preferred.
Home Visitor support is available as support sessions (phone or ZOOM) or when permissible through a weekly visit. Home Visitors can provide support related to child-development matters, referrals to resources, basic needs, and building caregiver capacity. The capacity for each Home Visitor is approximately 15 to 18 families at any one time depending on the level of complexity. We have three Home Visitors working in the Calgary West Hub.
Okotoks Home Visitation and Cochrane Home Visitation. We are also able to provide this support by phone or Zoom meetings in these two Hub locations. We have one Home Visitor for the Okotoks Hub and one for the Cochrane Hub. All inquiries or referrals are arranged by calling 403 830-3153 or emailing email@example.com.
Our non-judgmental Home Visitors are highly skilled to help with parenting and understanding your child’s needs. They will provide community support referrals to work specifically for you. If you have children under 6 years of age, we will help
you achieve your goals right in your own home.
CALL WHEN YOU ARE:
- an expectant parent or a parent of children under 6 years of age needing information and support
- given a recommendation from a nurse or a doctor about home visitors who can help guide you through the early years
- very stressed about parenting
- concerned about your child’s development and need information
- unsure of the community support available for you
YOU CAN EXPECT TO:
- meet regularly in your home, by phone or virtually
- set goals
- learn more about your child’s development
- receive guidance for parenting & child development
- make connections with your community
- gain problem-solving skills
HOW CAN I ACCESS THESE SERVICES?
Please reach out to us directly by phone or email. If you don’t live within the communities listed below, we will refer you to support in your neighbourhood.
403-830-3153 | firstname.lastname@example.org
403-851-2265 | FamilyResourceNetwork@cochrane.ca
403 995-5474 | email@example.com