Call our 24/7 Crisis Line: 403-233-CARE (2273)
Brenda’s House remains business as usual! However, we are making every attempt to house families as quickly as possible. Thanks to COVID-19 Response funding from the Provincial government in March, we rapidly moved 14 families from shelter into their own homes within two weeks! Today, we can welcome more families in need of shelter into Brenda’s House with the goal of moving them into their own home right away. Each family who stays with us has their own room and private bathroom.
If families require isolation, we will work with the family to determine a safe solution.
• The Child Development room is closed until further notice.
• Childcare supports are, however, available for emergencies. The Child Development Team Lead or Program Manager must authorize all childcare.
Gift in Kind Donation: Due to COVID-19 we are ONLY accepting gift-in-kind donations on our wish-list at Brenda’s House. We encourage all donations to be delivered from local businesses that do delivery and/or Amazon. Anyone who is able to help with requested items can contact Megan - Direct: 403.283.4200 ext 229 | Cell: 403.999.6785 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure safe drop-offs.
Ten years ago, Brenda's House opened with the help of the owner, the Brenda Strafford Foundation. This generous donation has enabled Children's Cottage Society to provide emergency family shelter for families who are experiencing homelessness. Families can be together in a safe, home-like environment and receive the support and resources they need.
CALL WHEN YOU ARE
- A family with children younger than age 18 and are homeless
- Faced with nowhere to turn for shelter
WHAT TO EXPECT
- 24-hour, non-judgmental support and assistance.
- Help to develop and manage a plan, and connect you to resources to help you find safe, affordable and permanent housing.
- A safe and nurturing environment in a private room equipped with furniture, linens and a bathroom.
- Healthy, balanced and nutritious meals including breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.
- Childcare support which allows you time to connect with resources to find permanent housing.
- Access to volunteer-driven recreation and support services including financial management and parenting courses, after-school tutors for your children and various family-friendly activities.
- Assistance from Support Workers for information and referrals to community resources to achieve permanent housing.
HOW CAN I ACCESS THESE SERVICES?
For more information please call Brenda’s House support line at 403.242.8575 extension 0 and one of our Key Workers will help you find immediate shelter if you are homeless at the time of your call. If you are still housed when you call, we will direct you to the resources that will help prevent you from becoming homeless.