Call our 24/7 Crisis Line: 403-233-CARE (2273)
In 2009, Brenda's House opened with the help of the owner, the Brenda Strafford Foundation. Their generous donation of the use of the house has enabled the Children's Cottage Society to provide emergency family shelter for families who are currently experiencing homelessness. Families can be together in a safe, homelike environment and receive the support and the resources they need.
CALL WHEN YOU ARE
- a family with children younger than age 18 and are homeless with nowhere to turn for shelter
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU CALL
- Our priority is helping your family find safe and affordable housing. We help you develop and manage a plan, and connect you to the resources that will help find your new home.
- Your stay with us will be in a safe and nurturing environment. We ensure that each family that resides in Brenda’s House has a private room equipped with furniture, linens and a bathroom.
- Nutritious meals including breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks are planned and prepared for you to ensure you and your family eat healthy and balanced meals throughout the day.
- We offer childcare support which allows you time to access the resources you will need to find permanent housing.
- Volunteer-driven recreation and support services are offered including financial management and parenting courses, after-school tutors for your children and various family friendly activities.
- Support workers are available to provide information and referrals to community resources.
- Connections with support workers are offered to help you coordinate with community resources on your road to permanent housing.
- We offer 24-hour, non-judgmental support and assistance.
- We help you to create and manage a plan so you can achieve permanent housing.
HOW CAN I ACCESS THESE SERVICES?
For more information please call the Brenda’s House support line at 403.242.8575 extension 0 and one of our Key Workers will:
- Offer immediate, non-judgmental support and help you find immediate shelter if you are homeless at the time of your call. If you are still housed when you call, we will direct you to the resources that will help prevent you from becoming homeless.