Call our 24/7 Crisis Line: 403-233-CARE (2273)
Children's Cottage Society works collaboratively to prevent harm and neglect to all children and build strong families through support services, respite programs and crisis nurseries. We believe asking for help is a sign of strength and encourage all families to reach out to us when they have nowhere else to turn.
We encourage parents to call us when there is no one else to care for the child during a short-term, difficult time.
- Child care for up to 72 hours
- Meals and fun provided
- For newborns until age eight
- Only 14 spaces
A place where families experiencing homelessness can find a safe and comfortable shelter.
- Private rooms for families of all sizes
- Extended stays
- On-site childcare
- Help finding housing
Giving parents a rest when there is no one else to care for their child
In-Home Infant Respite
- Childcare in the home
- For newborns up to six months old
- Assistance referring for other supports
Volunteer Day Care
- Daytime childcare at Day Care centres throughout Calgary
- Space offered on availability only, single-day use only
EARLY YEARS FAMILY SUPPORT PROGRAM
Family coaches work collaboratively with families to develop goals that focus on addressing safety and wellbeing in the home, parenting, child development and community connections.
Ages and Stages Questionnaires
- Developmental and social emotional screening for your child ages newborn to 6 years
- Help to better understand the milestones and progress of your child
- A fun interactive assessment with follow-up strategies and resources
- Parenting information and strategies
- Practice parenting skills
Helping families experiencing homelessness get back on their feet and under a safe roof of their own.
Rapid Rehousing & Home Links
- Families connected to a worker to help find housing
- Possible subsidies to help with rent and other expenses
- A housing coach is available to provide support to families and family-serving agencies to help prevent homelessness.
- Qualifying families can receive one-time support to help stabilize their housing.
- The HomeBridge website helps families connect with community resources so that they do not experience a housing crisis in the future.